Monday, October 7, 2013

Journeying Down From Hermit's Mountain.

Relationships are funny. Not in a ha ha kind of way. More like a, where did that come from, oh wait,when was it not this way? I had been single so long, I decided that was my normal state. Most dates were ho hum at best and with a personality, like mine, I clobbered most takers who dared enter the fantasy realm of, 'Reed's Brain'. So, I write this blog from a slightly different perspective.


I met somebody or more correctly, somebody has made their way into my life. We've only been dating for a month but the month has been a whirlwind. Our first date felt strangely comfortable. Only the second, first date, I had been on, that went so well. Most first dates started with me toning my personality dial down to 5, in hopes of luring some poor defenseless victim into the lull of normality. That strategy failed miserably. The second dates progressed in utter crash and burn style as I steamrolled forward and set the personality dial to 10 then 12. Realizing most women fold under that type of mental and intellectual assault, I would withdraw, if they did not, and head for the cover of hermit's mountain.


Back to our first date. The day was so busy, I had no time to prepare mentally or fashionably for the date. I showed up, empty handed, in shorts and a shirt wearing my personality, dial set to 12. Something strange happened. She was not only keeping up but joining in. Wait! No one had ever joined in. What was wrong with this woman? We laughed and talked for hours. A patron at the restaurant/bar even came up to us and commented on how good of a time we were having and the volume of our laughter. We laughed some more and at the end of the date I stole a kiss. I say stole because I didn't think she was going to offer. I caught her mid word and as shocked as she was receiving the kiss, I was, at the actual kiss. She kissed me back and we left with the usual, 'had a good time', pleasantries.


The second date, usually my crash and burner, went even better. The stage where I would normally give or get the, 'It's been nice speech', was replaced by a walk on the boardwalk. The date was perfect except for an uncharacteristic shyness, that hit me. I wanted to hold hands and kiss at sunset but as sunset approached, I found myself freezing at each opportunity. The date still ended well and as I explained to her, my boardwalk dilemma, she smiled and suggest a redo of the date the following evening. The following evening we held hands and kissed as the sun set over the ocean. It was an amazing moment and her appreciation of it made me realize how much of a keeper she was.


This was just the beginning of our journey. Will I write more, in the future, about it? Probably not, I try to keep personal details out of the blog. This is just a quick reference entry. One we can hopefully look back on and laugh about, somewhere down the road.

2 comments:

  1. DUDE!!! I was just thinking it'd been a while since we touched base. Now I know what you were up to. You sound so happy. I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. Eff anyone you have to dial up or down for. Your personality is great and the right person will appreciate you. (And appears they already do.)

    ReplyDelete