Wednesday, April 20, 2011

No More Room Left On The Fridge.

First Choice, 'They'll Never Guess It's Me', by Lizzy
So, I finally did it. I got a tattoo on Monday. 
It wasn't the tattoo I initially planned on getting, but I'm glad I chose the design I did.
To answer everyone's question, "No it didn't hurt".
My plan to go to North Carolina did not come to fruition, so when my friend from North Carolina came up for a long weekend, we decided to get the tattoos in NJ. He has a bunch already, so this was just another one for him. 











Lizzy's 'The Flea'
We went to Freehold Tattoo. They were extremely professional and did excellent work. There were some amazing tattoo designs on the wall, that tempted me, but in the end I went with, 'The Flea'. 'The Flea' was done by Lizzy when she was warming up to draw a tattoo for me. It had always been a consideration, but after seeing all the small lines in my first choice and the lack of color, 'The Flea' seemed like a natural.





Prototype
I copied the design in a paint program and with a friends help smoothed out the edges, added the circle and some flames(hey, gotta have flames!).
Strangely, I was not nervous or anxious about sitting in the chair at the tattoo parlor. It was a little surreal trusting someone to draw a picture on your body that would never come off. In the end though, I love it. I have a piece of art from my daughter that will always be with me. Maybe someday Emily will draw something for my other arm. I'm not rushing her, but would also not be opposed to it.
The only downside to the whole experience is that you need to put A&D ointment on the tattoo three times a day for the first ten days. For those of you who don't know, A&D ointment is normally used for diaper rash and smells like baby ass.
'The Flea' the first time the bandage was taken off.

Mikey's new Tattoo

No comments:

Post a Comment