Monday, February 13, 2012

Who'd Have Thunk?


For those of you who don't have a blog, 'Search Keywords' are what people typed into Google that led them to your blog. There are always some strange phrases, but last week's 'Search Keywords' were exceptional. Two stood above the rest.

The first phrase was, 'poem my granny is a sumo wrestler'
I won't even go into the obvious imagination storm of who would possibly be typing this search. I feel bad that Google would somehow send them to my blog, so I will indulge them.

Granny Is A Sumo Wrestler?

Granny has been getting large,
She is so big and round.
She took a trip to Japan,
and now she can't be found.

I guess she ditched her wobbly walker,
Wearing Kesho-mawashi sure was fun.
Hobbling into a sumo trash talker,
she pushed him out of the circle and won.

I didn't say it was going to be a great poem, but the search wasn't, 'Great poem my granny is a sumo wrestler'. There, now I feel better. The next person who searches for that will find what they are looking for.

The second 'Search Words' were, 'yoga pose sandwiched between 2 panes of glass'.
Let me start by saying, I don't do Yoga, unless Wii fit counts. I have a balance board but for the life of me can't find a 'sandwiched between 2 panes of glass controller' for that yet.

This brought up a some questions:
  1. Does sandwiching yoga between two panes of glass make it taste any better?
  2. Is this a new way to collect yoga poses? Have someone pose; then smash them between 2 panes of glass, like a leaf or bug?
  3. Does this make it easier to see poses under a microscope?

Wow, I Googled the two phrases and it turns out:
  1. There is a children's book called, 'My Granny is a Sumo Wrestler'.
  2. In yoga, they actually use the stupid term, ' between two panes of glass'. Really? Here are a couple of things to meditate on, panes of glass were not used until 100 A.D. and if windows were on both sides of your yoga studio all poses would be between two panes of glass.

Maybe the searches weren't so strange after all. Who'd have thunk?

No comments:

Post a Comment