Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Don't See People as Projects.

I read the title to this blog on a speaker's notes and realized it sums up the relationship advice I've been giving people for the last two weeks.  Yes it is hard to believe people ask me for relationship advice, the two dates and out guru.   Most of my friends are women though and want a male's perspective.

Women love to make boyfriends into projects. They say things like, “He'd be perfect if only he would change.”, “I like him but am really not into him.", "Why doesn't he call me back, I'll txt him.” or ,”He says he wants to be friends, but I want more. He'll come around!”.  From a guys perspective, this all seems like such a waste of time.

Sometimes free advice is actually worth more than you paid for it, provided you take it.

2 comments:

  1. Whoever is saying “I like him but am really not into him" should totally read "Be Honest, You're Not That Into Him Either." Occupying your emotional energy with someone who isn't right means that it won't be free when a better fit comes along. At least that's what I tell myself.

    Two dates and out, really?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The advice I gave the person, that wasn't that into him, was similar, I said, "You've spent your entire life throwing things out that you didn't like, so you could buy new ones that you did. Why would you waste your time with someone whose not right at the expense of finding and spending time with someone who is?".

    Two dates and out actually comes from the above advice. On my part and I assume on the women that ended it with me. I just don't give advice, I listen to it. :) The winner for the most dates with me has made it to six. I knew we weren't right after the second or third date, but she was a really awesome person, just not the one for me.

    ReplyDelete