Thursday, October 9, 2014

Cohabitating.



     It’s been one year since my girlfriend moved in.  I realized, when it first happened, that I had been living alone, for so long, I had forgotten how to live with someone else.  I’m not saying it was good or bad, just different.  In the last year, my man cave has been slowly transforming.  The design edges aren’t as rough.  There is a cat litter box in the kitchen, women’s underwear in the bedroom and enough hair care products in the shower to have a ‘My Little Pony’ party.

     The initial move was tough.  People don’t understand how small 980 sq. ft. is and my girlfriend was no exception.  After bringing in countless pieces of furniture, chachka and the like, she quickly realized that she would need to trim down significantly.  Even with my minimalistic life style, most of the space was already filled.  Large amounts of compromise happened over the little amount of space.

     The Co-op has by no means been transformed into a finished product.  It is still a work in progress.  The difference now is that things have to be a joint decision and not a unilateral whim.  The good news is that if I plummet to my death, off of the ladder of doom while putting something in the attic, my lifeless body won’t be lying at the bottom of the steps waiting for my neighbors to call the police because of the smell of decomposing flesh.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment