Monday, July 25, 2011

Politicians Es Bardus! Debt Ceiling.

I wrote a blog for today on Minimalism, but thought this one would be more appropriate to post.

When I was married, money was no object, I earned it and my ex spent it. She then opened up as many credit cards as possible and used them up. If a piece of furniture did not look new, it was replaced. If a room wasn't just the right color it was repainted. Financially, we were out of control.

After the divorce, I decided I needed to cut my expenses. I lived in my mom's basement for a year. When my wife bought out our previous house, I went home shopping and decided to buy the co-op instead of a house. I paid cash, I did not want the burden of a mortgage and high utility bills that I had, had for my entire adult life. I paid off my credit cards.

I had large alimony and child support payments as well as insurance and school payments. I needed to furnish a co-op and fix it up. I had to pay off a lawyers bill and put my life back on track. I decided after seeing how detrimental credit cards were, that I would cancel every last one. I needed to keep afloat and begin saving. I decided to put away money each month that I would not touch. That meant no extraneous purchases, trips to the movies, nights at the bar or eating out at restaurants.

The final part of the plan was to stay within my means, my co-op still needs work done, but I won't do it at the expense of my savings. I budget in money each month so larger projects have to be planned and smaller ones prioritized.

Now that I am running at zero debt and my budget allows it, I am living pretty well. By keeping my spending to a minimum, I always have money in the bank and can do things that I never thought I could before.

Where is all this going? Politicians Es Bardus!

Realizing a financial problem, I Cut my spending, Capped my Expenses and Balanced my budget. With the whole 'debt ceiling crisis' that our country is in, the politicians do not get these simple concepts, at least most of them don't. They could have raised the debt ceiling last week if they wanted to. Most people do not realize that a Cut, Cap and Balance bill passed in the house, but was blocked by the senate. This bill would have raised the debt limit, forced the government to cut spending, capped spending based on taxes collected and passed a balanced budget amendment to The Constitution. While watching C-Span (Queue the cricket sounds), I was astonished by how many politician were vehemently opposed to this bill. Check your politicians voting record and if he was against this, VOTE HIM OUT! Asking a politician to stop spending is like asking the rain to stop falling. Even the president threatened to veto this bill if it passed the senate.

I'm tired of hearing that it is political posturing or that one side is to blame more than the other. Both parties have ignored their responsibility to the people, both parties are anti-American and anti-Constitution.

I actually have a question for our ignorant Hawaiian president or anyone else that would like to answer it. Why would social security be the first thing cut if the government ran out of money? Social security is funded by payments that the citizens made (and are still making). Money that our politicians have stolen (Nice lock box, biggest douche in the universe aka. Al Gore). Why wouldn't unfunded programs be the first to be cut? Stop scaring our seniors!  Start scaring our least productive members!

Unfortunately, God has blessed America, too much. Now all we can say is God help America.

No comments:

Post a Comment