Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Two Tassled Sleeve Grabber By Any Other Name...


The kids and I love naming things we see on our photo safaris. If we know what it is, we call it by it's given name. If not it is fair game. I think it started when we were all on a trail and Lizzy asked what a certain plant was called. I replied, I call it Fred. Since then, the kids and I have been making up outrageous names for plants, insects and animals that we see on our journeys. Today's example comes compliments of a trail run we did, at the brook, after the storm.
Lizzy was leaning over to take a picture of a flower when she realized a bunch of things stuck to her jacket. I pulled them off but a few feet later, they were back again. These little seeds from a plant had grabbed her twice. When we found the source, we took some pictures and started to work out a name for it, We tried out one after the other. Runners up were porcuplant and daffoporcudil. The winner though was, as you guessed it, the two tasseled sleeve grabber.

No comments:

Post a Comment