Monday, June 24, 2013

The Amazing Spider-Man Lizard of NJ.

While out hiking the treacherous woods of NJ, Lizzy spotted something Amazing; Something Spectacular; Something so scary(in her mind) that she could barely believe her eyes. She blurted out on the trail, "Everyone step back, it's a Spider-Man Frog!".  Emily and I quickly pointed out, that if anything, it was a Spider-Man Lizard.
I had heard of the Spider-man frog that Lizzy referred to (a poisonous frog that lives in the Amazon Jungle) but never heard of the Spider-Man Lizard (Only found in Kenya) before writing this blog.  Thank you internet.
As I reached down to pick up this rare species, Lizzy shrieked in horror, “Don't touch it daddy, it's poisonous. I read about the Spider-Man Frog.”. The look on her face was serious so I did everything I could to keep from laughing.

I picked up the lizard by the tail and carefully inspected it.  Looking at Lizzy, I proclaimed, “Harmless !”, and threw the plastic toy back down where I found it.  Lizzy's wide eyes narrowed down to a subtle, face-palm, expression.  Emily and I tormented Lizzy for the rest of the hike. No, the irony of Lizzy wearing a Spider-Man shirt did not elude us.
Watch out, here come's the plastic Spider-Man Lizard!

1 comment: