Thursday, May 27, 2010

The First Post....

Welcome to the populus es bardus (people are stupid) blog. I'm not saying I'm any different, it's an all inclusive statement.
First example: this blog. Why did I start this blog? Found an old friend on a social network site and they asked me if I read their blog or wrote my own. I of course said no to both. I don't read blogs. I write my thoughts on websites that I start and never finish, I talk to people face to face, I spend more hours on a phone than Ma Bell. Why would I read or write a blog. OK, so it's like 5 hours into not only reading my friends blogs, but blogs that she read and I'm like hell it's only 1a.m., I could start my own blog.
I try to log on to Google with my email and password and Google comes back with incorrect password. I log on to my email 4,000,000,002 times a day, it is the right password. Noooooo, Google doesn't like that password, so I decide to reset it. They send the reset password email to where else, but the email they say I do not have the password to. Guess what I went to the email client and POW, it lets me right in. So now, I realize the email and everything else account are two different things!
Now it's time to set up the blog. Time to choose a name. I enter every name I can think of push the 'check availability' button, it goes something like this:
  1. I enter 'peoplearestupid'
  2. Click on the 'check availability' button
  3. The system tells me in red it is already in use, but suggests:
  • reeds_people_are_stupid
  • reedarestupid
  • stupidpeoplearereed
  • thedogflyingwithdragonovermoonreed
Uhhhh... Uhhhh... Uhhhh... I think I'll see if I can say it in latin, that will make me sound smart. Forgot who I was again, I DON'T KNOW LATIN!!!?! I won't admit that to myself so it's time to Google.
I enter 'English to Latin Translation' in the search bar and pow 42,500,332 results. I decide what the hell, I'll pick one of the first ones there. WRONG, it gives me like 12 translations just for the word people. It's almost 2a.m., who can I call? Who can I email? Who in 2010 actually knows Latin? Wait, I know I'll email my friend who has the Latin signature on his email, "Amat Victoria Curam"(he probably also knows Klingon or he's just trying to look smart like me) . I can't wait that long, patience sucks! Here's where the real stupid happens. I search for an email stream thinking hey, I'll use his latin phrase for the title of my blog. I randomly pick an email stream with him in it and as I'm reading down the back and forth I find an email I sent to him, with "Populus es bardus" written on the bottom of it. I was trying to look smart, hows that for a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment