Monday, December 26, 2011

Rushing The Wall

So many blogs I've written don't even get posted and I'm usually shocked at the time between posts. Two weeks ago I wrote a blog(not posted) about taking up tennis. I have not taken formal training, I just went out, bought a good racquet and began practicing on the wall at the park. I thought of all the lessons that you learn by playing tennis against a wall. Things like:
“No matter how hard you try, the ball always ends up back in your court.”
“You can never win, playing against a wall, but you can always keep improving by doing so.”
“Sometimes the outcome is inevitable, but the motions still worthy of completing.”
“Just because your opponent can not be defeated, does not mean you can not succeed when against him.”

The last two weeks have been too cold for me to play and I tweaked my back doing another new sport, bowling. Reading back the nearly completed blog, I realized the lessons it contained have a so much broader application for life.
The more volleys we get in the better we feel about ourselves. The more we apply ourselves, the more we get out of it. The more we realize we want to win, but winning isn't always attainable, the better we can become.
I'm thankful that my play against the wall so far has left me a little banged up, a little wiser and ready to continue improving myself when I can.

Original Photo

Photo credits go to Lizzy.  Gimping Emily out of the shot was done by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment