Friday, December 30, 2011

Strange Reflections. Aka. Terminal Velocity.

I've always hated Christmas and New Years.
Christmas because of several family issues when I was younger and New Years, because it is an arbitrary day that marks a hard reflection on life.

As years move on, I am so amazed at how quickly time moves forward. A cruel joke of speeding up towards demise. Now it's over two years in my condo. It seems like just yesterday I moved in. At 18, I moved to TX for two years that seemed so much longer. When I was 4-5 it felt like I had watched Godzilla and the Million Dollar Movies on WWOR for a lifetime. In all honesty it was a fifth of my life at the time.

Maybe, as time's perception speeds up, we need to quicken the pace at which we celebrate life. When people get older, we should wish them Happy New Month, Happy New Week, Happy New Day, Happy New Hour. Sooner or later we all reach Terminal Velocity.

Happy New Minute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment