Friday, August 31, 2012

Creative Thursday - Lizzy's New Pentax and The Z990 In Macro Mode.


Lizzy's perspective, always makes me smile.  Since she has gotten her new Pentax dSLR, she has not had too many chances to use it.  While we were at the preserve last week, she had her first real chance.  She decided to use one of my better lenses, to my chagrin, but I guess I should have known when I bought the kids compatible cameras, my lenses were fair game.  I'll probably be selling a bunch of the lenses I bought for them and upgrading to fewer, better lenses.  Anyway, I love the above picture. It's not Lizzy's complete disregard for the broken tree in front of the lens, it is her disregard for logical focusing.  If she wants to focus on a red flower hanging from a far away tree, she locks in and takes the picture, foreground and background be damned.
Mushrooms always make a cool photo subject and the variety of colors and textures are limitless.  While at the preserve, I was taking shots of different mushrooms, so when Lizzy saw one she took the above shot.

That day, before going to the preserve, Lizzy initially wanted to take the Z990.  We all love the Kodak Z990 and for different reasons.  Lizzy loves the zoom range; Emily loves the smaller size and solid feel; I love the macro capabilities and the two macro modes.  I ended up taking the Kodak.

The below white mushroom and yellow flower were taken by me using the z990 in standard macro mode. 



2 comments:

  1. The top & bottom ones are my favorite. I love when you post pix from your kids -- so much talent so young!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you'd like the other two better because...

    Wait for it...

    Wait for it...

    They're funghi(s) at heart.

    ReplyDelete