Friday, August 24, 2012

Sometimes There is a Rickety Bridge on the Path to Enlightenment.

























I'm a firm believer that every step you take leads you to where you are. I also believe looking back on where you've been, it always seems better than it was. I'm in a good place now, I have a direction forward. Whether or not that direction is perilous, time will reveal.  For now, I enjoy where I am. I have no real wants for me, just for my children.

I get to see the kids a lot over the summer and one of the things working from home gives me, is time with them. I'm happy the four hours of daily commute is a thing of the past. Today we went to a trail on the opposite side of the preserve. I hadn't brought the kids there before. It has lots of hills and water and rickety bridges.

The sun was already on it's way down, when we arrived, so I knew we wouldn't get far. The tide was low, so the insects were active. Getting there late, the cameras were fighting the light. Forty-five minutes into the hike, we were forced to turn back and saw a family of flag tails running from our crackling steps on leaves. I let Lizzy guide us out of the woods. Though she took us down a few of the tougher paths and one a skunk had recently journeyed, we made it to the car unscathed.

Afterward, we had a lot of insect bites; not a lot of pictures; took a lot of tough trails; suffered through fresh skunk smell.

Looking back on it I realize, we had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment