Thursday, August 23, 2012

Creative Thursday - Why I'll Miss Kodak Cameras.

Popcorn Zoo


I purchased a lot of camera equipment in the last 6 months. I upgraded my Pentax dSLR, lenses, purchased a Panasonic mirrorless(hate that term), a Panasonic pocketable super zoom, a Kodak z990; even the kids each got a Pentax dSLR. All but the pocketable super zoom impressed me.
Impressive Macro on a rose
 This post is about the Kodak Z990. The features of the Kodak are amazing. It has...
  • A high quality Electronic View Finder(EVF) as well as a 3”screen.
  • A Back Side Illuminated CMOS sensor(Great in low light).
  • Real multi-exposure HDR(shooting technique feature only found in mid level or better dSLRs)
  • An equivalent 28-840mm(Wide angle to telescope) f2.8–5.6(FAST good DOF(Depth Of Field)) Schneider Kreuznach lens.
  • True HD video.
  • The best image stabilization I've ever used.
From My Porch.

All of that for under $150(Closeout, original msrp was $499). The only negatives I would give this camera are, no on camera 3d and below average battery life. It uses AA batteries and good rechargeables only get 150-200 shots. I suspect this is due to the image stabilization.
Chrysler Building Steel (840mm handheld)

Kodak really missed the mark when they marketed their cameras. I don't know why they pushed their, run of the mill, low end cameras while nobody ever got to hear of their impressive higher end models. This is the second, 'high end' Kodak camera I've owned(The first being a P880) and both were excellent.
Miniature flowers on a trail (about the size of a nickel).
























All pictures in this post were taken with the z990.
Lily Hiding in the Pads
R.I.P. Kodak Digital Camera Division.
Look to the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment