Friday, September 3, 2010

101 Posts

Yesterday was my 100th post. At roughly a post a day, that means I've been blogging for approximately 100 days. Again, I want to thank the person whose blog inspired me to start writing on a regular basis as well as the people who follow and read my blog. I was planning on writing something creative for my hundredth post, but, though my insomnia subsided, writers block set in. I think it was just my pressure of doing my hundredth post, so now hopefully I can move forward. As most of you can tell by now, I am very seldom caught speechless. I will probably however slow down my blog entries for the next few months, there are other things I need to do. What to expect from my blog going forward? A lot of stuff like I've had in the first 100 posts, as well as some new things.

Summer is almost over and the temperatures are getting bearable here, so lots more photos.

One of my other passions is cooking so going forward I'll be posting recipes that people have asked for.

I've been writing some short stories, when I finish them, hopefully they will end up here.

Lastly, people who know me have asked, "Where are the rants and raves?". So maybe some of them will also make there way to the blog.

In honor of my 100th post I'd like to leave you all with some quotes about writing:

Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance. - Samuel Johnson

The world is not yet exhausted; let me see something tomorrow which I never saw before. - Samuel Johnson

What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure. - Samuel Johnson

Words, once they are printed, have a life of their own. - Carol Burnett

Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly

The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think. - Edwin Schlossberg

The man who writes about himself and his own time is the only man who writes about all people and all time. - George Bernard Shaw

It is not a bad idea to get in the habit of writing down one's thoughts. It saves one having to bother anyone else with them. - Isabel Colegate

Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it; write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it. - Jesse Stuart

I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear. - Joan Didion

The way you define yourself as a writer is that you write every time you have a free minute. If you didn't behave that way you would never do anything. - John Irving

When you write things down, they sometimes take you places you hadn't planned. - Melanie Benjamin

Why do writers write? Because it isn't there. - Thomas Berger

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Has it been that long already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it myself, didn't know I had that much writing in me.

    ReplyDelete