Thursday, September 16, 2010

Beauty in a Miniature World.

One of my goals in life is to see the beauty that lies around me everyday. Whether it be a rainstorm, a snowflake, a smile or an interesting leaf. Today was a good photography day. The memory of the short storm that literally blew through two nights ago, was lost in the bright warm sunshine.

It was the nicest day of the year.
I sat outside at lunchtime and assessed the backyard, while the rest of the citizens buzzed and floated busily about.

My butterfly bush has grown strong and will no longer need special care. It has made many friends of the bees and butterflies. The moths and bees have also found my neighbors flowers and frequent them. Only the Rose of Sharon has begun to pack up for the fall.

I caught a wasp out of the corner of my eye carrying a water droplet. He was down right friendly and did not fear my approach. It was amazing the way he so deftly kept the droplet suspended  from his mouth. I watched him from less than a foot away for several minutes.





I turned to see a monarch stretching his wings. He did not stay still long and flew from flower to bush and back again, playing tag with the smaller moths.  I took in the whole scene and thoroughly enjoyed the excitement and beauty of the miniature world that existed around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment