Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It is a Time of Zen.


I decided at lunch to sit on my back porch and take in some nature

I listen to Erin McCarley, "Love Save the Empty" as I look at my now healthy butterfly bush. The bees, butterflies and humming bird moths are all around me.  I sit peacefully, I am not an outsider, but one of them, one with them.

It's a cool day and as the breeze sways the branches gently, my fellow journeyers in life cling to the flowers that will bring them food. They play mid air tag inches from me. I can feel their wing disturbed air above my head.

I hate to leave this open eyed meditation, but as a hummingbird whizzes across a piece of empty sky, hovers over the feeder and continues on his daily journey, I realize it is time for me to go back to work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment