Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bullying and Suicide.


Where to begin? When I was younger I don't remember bullying or being bullied too often, not that I wasn't, just no more or less than anyone else. I believe I ran into more bullies when I got to corporate America, than I ever did on a playground. Now when I watch the news, I can't believe the anti-bullying crap that spurts out of celebrities' and politicians' face holes.  Being bullied, like so much in life, may not be just but is still an integral social interaction; one that builds resilience, character and ultimately tolerance.

As a child, my mom always taught me to feel sorry for bullies. They were just people with severe inferiority complexes that lashed out at those they felt threatened by, in some way.  Through the years, I have come to realize that some people have inferiority complexes when they are younger but many more have them when they grow older and realize, they really are inferior to other people.

Guess what? In spite of what our government and liberal friends would like us to believe, we may all be created as equals in the eyes of our creator, but that does not mean we all have the same strengths and weaknesses.

Almost anyone could act or read from a teleprompter but not everyone could be a professional soccer player.

I digress.

Bullying is something that happens in human nature and nature in general. The weak are herded out and the strong survive. If someone gets their feelings hurt, they learn to deal with it. If someone is a bully they will be taught, usually in a harsh way, that bullying is wrong.

Yes, if bullying becomes too physical it can be dangerous and should be dealt with. If parents don't teach their children that not everyone is going to like them and that, gasp, their feelings get hurt, these children shouldn't commit suicide, but parenticide.

No comments:

Post a Comment