Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Blogiversary - Populus Es Bardus

Today is the one year mark for Populous Es Bardus. In some ways it seems like just yesterday I started it, in others it seems like forever ago. I wish I had written more this past year and will be writing on a more frequent schedule going forward. I have also updated my photography equipment (LOVE my lenses!), so look forward to more, or at least better pictures.

The little blog that started as a means to hone my photography; writing skills and relieve me from the boredom of writing technical manuals has blossomed quite nicely. 
 
Some fun facts about the blog...
  • It has now been read in 47 states.  Screw you Wyoming, Montana and North Dakota.
  • It has been browsed in at least 10 countries
  • There have been over 6000 page views.
  • The most viewed blog entry is Some Daughter at about 2000 page views.
  • The lowest viewed blog entry (ranked) is Sand Destiny under 20 page views.
  • Funniest Search Keywords, 'girl belly down on bed' (The runner ups may be a future post).
  • 1.2% of my visitors still use dial-up for their internet.
  • 10 different OS's and 9 different browsers have been identified using the site.
  • Over 20% of my traffic comes from Google. 
  • This will be the 180th post.

Thank You Readers!

A lot of the stats aren't very impressive, but they do shock me. I never thought anyone would care about what I posted or even find the blog, as I've told few people about it. It is true that I would have done the blog even if I had thought no one was actually out there but it is nice to see that people found it and hopefully enjoyed it.

Now for another year!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It's kind of crazy to think it has been that long! I'm sorry I can't comment very often... commenting is blocked at work. I still love it, though, and I am glad you are enjoying it still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nif, I rarely comment on other blogs myself anymore. I usually read them several days late or am on the go and wrongly convince myself I'll comment on them at some later time.

    ReplyDelete