Sunday, November 7, 2010

Today Is The First Day Of The Rest Of My Life.

The title of this blog is something I say to myself every morning. I had a homeroom teacher in high school that used to make us say, “I'm bred for happiness and geared for success.”, or something like that. As in so many cases in my life, the words did not matter as much as the intent. It was a positive message to make me realize that I could do whatever I needed to do and succeed. Did I always succeed? NO! That is not the point though. The point is that if we believe we can succeed, we have the ability to succeed. If we believe we will fail we will only succeed at failure.

What brought about this little bout of philosophy was a quote I read today by Douglas Adams. It goes...

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”. 


I love that quote, it feeds into my many philosophies. No matter where we think we are supposed to be, we always end up where we need to be. Unfortunately in life we usually go where we don't intend to. That does not mean we are not where we should be, just that the road still has pavement for our feet.

Today was truly the first day of the rest of my life and guess what, tomorrow will be too.

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote. I just borrowed it. Thank you for such nice Monday thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete