Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Kids Photography Project Part 1 - Emily's 10

As the kids summer vacation is rapidly winding down, I realize I won't be seeing them as much. It's slightly depressing, as we did not get to go on as many hikes this year and haven't visited many county or state parks due to the extreme heat and humidity. The places we did go, we did enjoy, but they were mostly local and quick jaunts in the less hot mornings and evenings. We will have lots of memories and I will be posting a lot of the kid projects that they did. One of the first and the longest running ones was the photography kid project. The kids had to take pictures wherever they went and pick out their personal top ten.

The top 10 will be printed on the photo printer and put in an album. Emily used my old Sony PAS and Lizzy used one of those HD pocket recorders as well as our family PAS. Maybe she'll get her own camera for her birthday which is coming up. I think the kids did an excellent job and with no cropping or resizing, I realize they listened to my framing advice.  Hell, maybe they can give some advice to me.  To the point of this post. Here are Emily's top 10 in order...




2 comments:

  1. Nice job! My favorites are the pine needles, sunset, close-up of plant and the bench. I'm not sure what order I'd place them in, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bittersweet day for a dad when he realizes his children can easily best him at something. At her age(12 turning 13), I was saving up for my first SLR, but at that age my pictures were nowhere near as good. I'm proud of her, she has a great eye.

    ReplyDelete