Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Life's Not Fair.

While writing the Lizzy's Rebuttal Post I realized I still have unfinished parenting work with her. Emily never even uses the term unfair and when she hears somebody say it, she'll usually turn to me and say, "Guess their parents never taught them life's not fair daddy.". It makes me smile to think I got this through to her, especially with her trying teenage years fastly approaching. I've always said to Emily that if I teach her and Lizzy that life isn't fair, I did a good job as a parent.

I'm spiritual, not religious, but if there is a God, his sense of humor is spectacular. He may be just, but he sure as hell isn't fair. I do talk a lot about karma and truly believe that doing good for others eases your plight in the cosmic all, but it doesn't make anything any more or less fair.

Life has a way of working for or against you and usually at the most unexpected times. Deal with it, move on. You never seem to hear people complain when life does something in their favor.

"I had a good day today, Life's Not Fair!"

No comments:

Post a Comment