Sunday, August 8, 2010

Quotes of Kindness

I've been thinking a lot of the kindnesses shown towards me during my lifetime and decided to post some of the quotes that remind me to be kind to others in return.

"So many gods, so many creeds,
So many paths that wind and wind,
While just the art of being kind
Is all the sad world needs."
Ella Wheeler Wilcox

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single minute before starting to improve the world."
 Anne Frank

"Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses. "
Confucius

"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give."
Winston Churchill

"The best portion of a good man's life: his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love."
William Wordsworth

"Only a life lived for others is worth living."
Albert Einstein

"Help your brother's boat across, and your own will reach the shore."
Hindu Proverb

"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." 
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember there's no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end."
Scott Adams

"I believe that every human mind feels pleasure in doing good to another."
Thomas Jefferson

4 comments:

  1. I love the one by Anne Frank. I like many of the others too, though. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great words. beautiful photo.
    nikonsniper steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, and Welcome to the blog Stephen, my next few posts are photography related, so enjoy.

    Don't worry Niffs, I haven't forgotten you. I always enjoy your comments and your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reed, these are absolutely beautiful. Thank you for the gift of pause you've given me this morning.

    ReplyDelete