Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Leaving A Home To Start Anew

One the most stressful parts of a divorce is leaving a home that you lived in and worked on with no turning back.  Not all of the stress is bad though.  There is always excitement and fear when venturing forward into the unknown.  One thing I like to tell people who are going through this situation is simple advice.  You know how things were, but you are not sure how they will be, greatness often lives right around the corner from the mediocre life you clung to so dearly.  People can argue that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.  Those people assume you had grass where you were.  Yes, I am a positive person, but I am also a logical one.  When you start a new chapter in your life, you have to realize there will always be remnants left behind that will impact your heart and your  mind.  Embrace those remnants, those reminders of good times gone by.  Never let them go but never lose yourself in them.  The following are quotes on leaving that I like.  I'm not copping out of writing today, I will post more.  I just know there are people out there, who probably need to read these right now...

Whatever the price, identify it now. What will you have to go through to get where you want to be? There is a price you can pay to be free of the situation once and for all. It may be a fantastic price or a tiny one - but there is a price.
Harry Browne

All changes are more or less tinged with melancholy, for what we are leaving behind is part of ourselves.
Amelia Barr
 

I always liked the story of Noah's Ark and the idea of starting anew by rescuing the things you like and leaving the rest behind.
Zach Braff

I had looked forward so eagerly to leaving the horrible place, yet when my release came and I knew that God's sunlight was to be free for me again, there was a certain pain in leaving.
Nellie Bly

It's interesting to leave a place, interesting even to think about it. Leaving reminds us of what we can part with and what we can't, then offers us something new to look forward to, to dream about.

Richard Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment