Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cicada Wasps... The Katydids are Safe.


For those of you that informed me, the type of wasps I had were cicada, not katydid wasps, thank you. Unfortunately I am not a 'waspologist', so I stand corrected.

Thursday I went out back with a fly swatter and swatted about ten of them. Friday morning there was a new batch of ten out there waiting for me, so I fly swatted them. Saturday, you guessed it, ten more and ten more down. Thanks to these wasps, my swatting skill is damn near samurai level, bring on the chopsticks Mr. Miagi.


Now there are ten more out here buzzing around while I write. I'd believe I was being attacked by zombie wasps, if it wasn't for the fact I now have a wasp carcass filled patio. I hate to turn to chemical means to get rid of any insect, but at this point nature is mocking me, so I feel justified, besides the nozzle on wasp spray is awesome!

It says right on the can, it will shoot up to 20 feet. That's a good thing to know, if a wasp is challenging you from 18 feet away downwind. You may think hey, I have wasps in my gutters 20ft up, but you'll quickly find out that spraying upward 20 feet will get you a face full of poison traveling at the speed of gravity. Been there, done that. Now my A.D.D. kicks in and I think about when I made coffee this morning. The coffee can said enough for up to 150 cups, hmm, what constitutes a cup of coffee? How many grounds do I have the push the water through to make what comes out the other side 'coffee'? I know you math types will tell me that according to the coffee manufacturer it would be the amount of grounds(or total weight of coffee) / 150. You math types can count the grounds in a can of coffee, I'm bored, not waiting to die. Speaking of dying, I've finally brought the wasp killer outside and how many cicada wasps are out here? Zero!

Damn you cicada wasps, you are my new arch-nemesis, you and people who use the phrase “up to”.

1 comment:

  1. haha! "I'm bored, not waiting to die." <-- priceless!

    I'm pretty anti-poison too, but if wasps were raining down on me at that rate, I might just get two cans of that 18-foot spray.

    ReplyDelete