Thursday, July 8, 2010

Katydid Wasps


I am infested with katydid wasps, not really an infestation per se, more like about five that have set up shop on my dilapidated back patio. They are spectacular looking creatures with vibrant colored bodies, semi-translucent wings and brown eyes. They are not really a nuisance, they just seem to circle around aimlessly landing temporarily to tap the ground with their tails and then back to flight. They pay me no notice, but If another insect approaches, they chase it off using their impressive size and amazing flying skill. They have dug several holes in the dirt between the pavers that I fill each night when they are away, only to find new holes the next morning. I'm afraid with company coming over, our peaceful coexistence is about to subside. I will miss them when they are no longer buzzing around the patio, but like so many things before them, I will destroy their beauty in regret.
I am man creator and destroyer of life and beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment