Sunday, July 25, 2010

Tri Via and Other Useless Information

I am unfortunately a sponge for useless information. If it's useless I can remember it, if not, it flies from my head like a butterfly with it's ass on fire. I'm great at trivia games, but don't ask me my license plate number. It's some kind of cruel joke, like hiding a ball from a puppy by putting it under a cup.

An example is that I can explain how almost anything works by memory but need a gps to find my front door.  I know most of you out there are laughing at me and those that have watched me try and remember a phone number or follow driving directions are laughing twice as hard. I've tried doing mental exercises to help, but as they started working, they became valuable information and wham, what the hell was I talking about?

On top of that, I have the disease where I can't put names to faces. I'd like to give you the psychological term, but that would be useful, so I can't remember it.

I've been inflicted with this most of my life. I have memories from when I was two years old, but ask me the name of the girl I met the other night and I'd need a lifeline. It's not really funny and I know I shouldn't make fun of afflictions, but they are my own, so they are fair game. I've been working on the whole name, face thing and have been making some progress. My trick, calling everyone Hugh.

"Hey... Hugh, have a good day!"

2 comments:

  1. Creepy photo. As for your problem... I'm glad I don't know you for real. Remembering my name is pointless, especially since you just know me as Niffer. That means you'll always remember me, right? Ah shucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pic was a lesson in motion and shutter speed for the kids. It is from the same set as the picture above Lizzy-isms (I love the frozen hair in that pic.). Funny thing is, I don't have a problem remembering people's faces, just their names. In your case though, it'll be the opposite, I'll know the name and not the face. :)

    ReplyDelete