Thursday, July 8, 2010

Poetry Thursday - Phoenix Love


I know Poetry Thursday doesn't sound quite so, well, poetic. There are not many words that even rhyme, or sound good with Thursday. None the less, I have decided Thursday will be my poetry day. The following poem was started shortly after my divorce and finished several months ago, when I first moved into the co-op.

Phoenix Love

Oh scattered ashes fall until mourn
What once burned so bright, hope soon reborn
Through broke heart and silent pain
Ashes blow to form again

On wings of hope, carry to the sky,
“Time go forth”, but no reply.
As ashes swirl and come undone,
Tears fall glistening in the sun.

Oh Wicked sorrow end your reign,
Oh rain filled eyes relieve my pain.
Bring my life, now tattered torn,
To the place to be reborn.

Oh mend time's wings this broken heart,
For a time, it was so torn apart.
Forge a life and love anew,
Ashes to form, heart be true.

3 comments:

  1. Love the poem, but I agree. It's a shame that there is not a Purthday. Or a Pednesday. Or a Tuesday. Priday. Give me a day that sounds good with "Poetry!" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn the gods, especially the Greek ones! Couldn't they name one Lome or Doetry? No, it had to be Thor's day. Curse you god of Thunder even if you were a really cool comic book character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw... I don't know if you know about this blog or not. You might find it interesting. Maybe not. I don't keep it updated nearly as often because I don't have nearly as many things to vent about as I do things to rejoice about.

    ReplyDelete