Thursday, July 15, 2010

Poetry Thursday - Wampum Brook


I realize after rushing the following poem immensely, I will probably be cheating some Thursdays and posting older or reworked poems, maybe even no poem at all. I wish I was talented enough to keep up the pace, but poetry takes time and I've decided in order to get quality up, I need to slow the process down.

The following poem was written from a brainstorming session I did with the girls after our last Wampum trip. A weeks worth of work on it and here is what I've come up with...

Wampum Brook

The sun shown low as it rose,

Reflecting emotions on the brook.

Dew gathered between our toes,
On the early journey that we took.


Morning light it bathed our souls,
We were enveloped in natures sounds.
Shedding our day to day tolls,

Tranquility that was lost, now found.

In cameras lens and children's eye,
We captured the brook, the light, the trees.
As we headed back we waved good bye,
Welcoming new childhood memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment