Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sunday at the Pier


I meant to post this blog this past Monday, but I unintentionally shelved it, so better late than never. Now I can lie to you and say I'm going to bed when I'll probably be aimlessly surfing the web for the meaning of “the tree of woe”, the rest of the night.

On Sunday, the kids, the ex and I went to Pier Village. Pier village is basically a whole bunch of million dollar plus condos over exclusive shops and restaurants separated from the beach by a cement 'boardwalk'. It was developed by the scumbag friends of the New Jersey state fruit, ex governor, Jim McGreevy. Basically they used eminent domain to pay the older people with homes on the shore pennies on the dollar so they could steal their land and build a high rent district. At least they weren't as corrupt as corzine(shouldn't be near a capital and doesn't deserve a capital.) and though Christie is doing a great job so far, only time will tell.

Back to Pier Village. The ex went out the night before, so I had the girls. Today when she picked them up we decided to do a family lunch and walk along the 'boardwalk'. Let's start with parking, $15, ouch. The worst part is that the parking lot employees think they are god and start yelling at people about how to park. Lucky for them, they didn't mess with me, I would have given them $15 worth of beating if they had. So now we walk around the shops. They are nice, overpriced, boutique style shops that are designed for the people in the condos above, or the tourists who aren't paying attention to what they are spending.

We take the kids to Stewart's, one of two acceptably priced places in the village and the only place without a 40 minute wait. The food is pretty good, and their root beer is the best. Now for the walk along the beach. There was more eye candy than I could keep track of. I did realize though, seeing all of the barely covered young bodies, that I need to start working out again. I have been way to lazy lately and am not the type for surgery, I'm just not that vain.

We walked about a quarter mile past the Garfield statue, the president, not the cat, and decided to turn around. When we got to the, now filled, $15 parking lot, I looked back at the overcrowded village; it occurs to me that the job crunch hasn't hit everybody, or at least not to the point that they are nervous or willing to admit it.

As I'm dropped off back home, Lizzy has to use the bathroom. On her way into the car, she hugs me goodbye and sums up everyone's thoughts by looking me in the eye and saying, "I'm glad you and mommy are divorced, you don't fight as much divorced.", I look back at her and say, "Good thing I didn't realize that eight years ago Lizzy, or I wouldn't have an incredibly smart daughter like you.". She smiles, gets in the car and waves goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment