Monday, July 19, 2010

Lizzy-isms


Lizzy-isms – Something Lizzy says that makes you stop and go Huh? And then Laugh.

Emily and I have started to name Lizzy's unique thought processes and perspectives, Lizzy-isms. We used to call them four, then five, then six, then seven year old logic, but we now realize, Lizzy will probably keep these perspectives far longer than we can put numbers to them and have them sound right. This week I have two to share

While in the city a few weekends ago, Lizzy kept getting annoyed at the pigeons because they wouldn't fly away as she approached them. Today while outside taking pictures of butterflies and birds, she blurted out, “Next time I'm going to NYC, I'm taking my camera so I can take pictures of the birds, they don't run away there.”

As a follow up, when I told Lizzy, I would be going up to the city this Saturday and asked, “Do you want me to bring anything back?”, her response was, “Bring me back one of those birds, they should be easy to catch.”

While driving the girls back to their mother's house last week, we passed a private school. I told the girls that one of the girls they knew went to the British School in Charlotte. Emily asked if they learned the British or American spelling of words. I replied, “They use The Queen's English”,
Lizzy quickly asked, “Queen Elizabeth?”
I replied, “Currently, Queen Elizabeth II.”.
She paused for a second, “Then what language did Queen Elizabeth Speak?”
“Uh, English.”, I replied
Without missing a beat Lizzy shot back, “When I get older, I'll be Queen Elizabeth III, right?”
I mistakenly said, “No, your last name is not Saxe-Coburg-Gotha or Windsor “, this started a whole new conversation until we got to their mom's.

From time to time I'll be sharing Lizzy-isms. The randomness or accurateness of her statements are always fun.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I may have to start different categories for Ellie-isms and Addie-isms.

    ReplyDelete