Friday, July 23, 2010

Poetry Thursday - Emily's Poem

OK, I know the post is late, but after only five strikes of lightning and 3 minutes of rain last night, my power was messed up and my network was down. At 4a.m., my fire alarm malfunctioned, so not a lot of sleep. In simple terms, my dog ate my blog.

I said I probably wouldn't be doing Poetry Thursday as often, but I needed a kid project, so earlier this week I had the kids do poetry. Emily finished hers tonight and Lizzy will turn hers in the Thursday after next. Emily was not opposed to having me post it, so here it is.

Life
Every Breathe you take,
every moment you spend
Time is passing by.

Every minute someone dies,
someone is born.
Families grow and shrink,
friendships are found and lost.
People come and go.

Live your life to the fullest,
laugh when things aren't even funny and
love all your friends and family,
Life will always go on.

by Emily

I love her attitude and am happy she is paying attention, the times that we share together.

The only original writing I will add after last nights events and the subsequent events of the day is this simple quote:

I always thought life was One Big Adventure, now I realize it is a series of small misadventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment