Saturday, June 26, 2010

Head In The Clouds


As I sit watching the clouds slide accross the skyline, I realize I have been out here for almost an hour. I am in a zen mood and start reflecting on life. The first thing I realize while sitting alone is that alone is not so bad. I have friends and family and access to them whenever I choose. As far as finding that, someone special, in my life, I'm on coast right now. Watching the white whisks slowly drift by, reminds me of the fact that life is never as long as you want or as short as you think. Even the heat that has been plaguing the city is beginning to subside.

I made a list, for a friend, of things I would be looking for in a potential mate. The list has been slowly building in my head over the years, I just never put it to paper before. The list will be the topic for another blog.

The point I am trying to get across is the fact that things happen in life when you are ready, you can plan them as much as you want, but when you are ready, you will make them happen. I always claim to be a fatalist and a positive thinker, but 98 and 3/4s percent of the time, fate is what you make of it and attitude is determined from within.

2 comments:

  1. I made a list like that once. I firmly believe that it played a big role in my husband and I being together. Care to hear the story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to hear the story, I'm a bit of a hopeful romantic. Unfortunately, my list has gotten quite long over the years. So I'm sure my heart items will win out over my head items as time goes on.

    P.S. Your blog is excellent and the new layout looks great!

    ReplyDelete