Wednesday, June 23, 2010

imagination-gravity.


Did you ever have one of those days where you forget a piece of clothing? I'm not talking like shirt or pants(though, I am not excluding them), I'm talking accessory. For me it's usually and today was, my belt.

I was in a rush to the clients when I realized it was missing. Thank god I'm a guy. I un-tucked my collared shirt and tried pulling off the casual Friday look. I think I did it pretty well, except for the fact that today was Tuesday.

I really don't need a belt for the pants I was wearing, but was pulling them up all day as a side effect of imagination-gravity, that, in my mind was pulling them down.

This incident reminds me of a co-worker/ friend who came to work with two different colored shoes on. Let me start by saying he or his wife put his clothes out the night before because he had to catch a 6a.m. train and got up before the sun. Well on this particular morning, he had forgotten to lay out his clothes the night before. He came walking into the office and announced to me that he had grabbed the two shoes by feel and one was very brown and one was very black. The whole day he explained to everyone how the mix up occurred and why he was wearing two very different colored shoes.
I noticed how his preemptive strike on the situation had backfired. Instead of stopping questions and attention, the mere mention of the two odd shoes created a discussion point.

That's when I realized sometimes it is better to overlook your flaws, not point them out. Most of what we perceive as personal flaws are no more than imagination-gravity.

No comments:

Post a Comment