Sunday, June 13, 2010

How To Waste A Perfectly Nice Day.


My mom had a garage sale at her house today. Or as I like to call it sit outside with mom all day with a bunch of crap on her front lawn watching people pick through it. I had some stuff to throw out on the yard too. moving to the co-op has forced me to take a minimalist approach on life.

Not a lot of people came and some even practiced a gang style maneuver of drive by garage saling. Their cars would slowly pull up to the curb, they would roll their windows down and shout, "Do you have fill obscure item name in here?", I would then answer, "No!", they would roll up the window and peel off.

Luckily none of my daughters' childhoods were strewn on the ground and this was not a sale of memories, just junk accumulated. I sold a lot, but didn't make a lot. I didn't plan on it, my plan was to get rid of as much crap as possible. At that, I succeeded. In a few weeks, my kids want to have a yard sale at the co-op. I'm sure to see various memories and moments of our lives shear off then .

1 comment:

  1. Uncle Reed, you forgot to put how Mr. Galina was sawing the rug haha
    ~Britt~

    ReplyDelete