Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Red Shirt Day


OK, I hate putting out Star Trek references, because I'm not a Trekie. I've never been to a Trek conference or dressed up like a Star Trek character, except maybe for Halloween when I was like 5 and even then it was in a red shirt(way to build confidence mom and dad.) I have watched all the Star Trek Episodes (in reruns, I'm not that old) and have seen all of the movies.

For those who don't know Star Trek and are wondering what I am talking about, the guy in the red shirt always dies when they go down to a planet. I remember as a kid watching the show and thinking, don't these red shirts realize they are going to certain death?

If it was me The scenario would probably go something like this.
“Ensign Page, you are on the away team.”
“Captain can I borrow one of your gold shirts”
“No, those are reserved for the High ranking officers and the Captain”
“How about a snazzy blue shirt?”
“No, those are for technical officers.”
“Can I be on the no shirts team”
“Ensign, that is against protocol”
“FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T MAKE ME WEAR THE RED SHIRT, I WANT TO LIVE!!!”
I often wondered why, after every red shirt that left the ship got killed, the captain wouldn't make a mandate saying all away team members are banned from wearing red on missions.

Anyway getting back to today. It is a red shirt day for me, everything I do is coming out wrong . I bet the gold shirts are having a good day. Maybe tomorrow, I'll change the color of my shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment