Thursday, June 10, 2010

Living In That In-Between Stage


I've been slowly getting my stuff, that I stored during the divorce, and am bringing it to my place. I found a plastic file box where I keep all my poems(hundreds if not more) that I wrote when I was younger(much younger.). I wish I had gotten them before, they are quite healing. I read of love and loss and the ramblings of my younger mind. I looked at pictures of friends that I had. I realized looking at these items, I had many dark points in my life and that those points will inevitably come and go; they seemed to do so at a more rapid rate when I was younger. One poem that I wrote on a particularly sad night, when I was just short of eighteen years old, stood out.

Reflections
When a crystal heart shatters,
The reflections are not of light,
But of the past
And the pain
Of that which shall Not be Again.


Strangely, now this poem calms me. The night I wrote it was shortly before my heart had been shattered worse than ever before or ever since. Was this a foreshadowing for my heart from my head? I thought I would never heal. It took some time, but not only did my heart heal, it moved on, I had survived. Each lesser break thereafter also healed with time. My heart wasn't bitter, it did not become defensive. It always remembered, 'That Love' and wanted to love again; blindly, innocently. It had taken the worst and realized the rewards far outweighed the pain. As I write this, I know there are lots of sad hearts out there, remember the heart heals in time and though you may not have, 'that which shall not be again', there are plenty of loves to light a crystal heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment